Thursday, January 26, 2012

Words, Words, Words

Today was a talking, typing and writing day.

Cris spent the day juggling phone calls from the Gallery of Dance, the academy where we found our troupe of Skeleton Dancers; the amazing owner, Debbie, at the Sk8Park who is allowing us to come shoot for an entire hour before she opens, and the two actors we're still trying to schedule who the snow so horribly derailed. I'm not sure I ever heard the phone ring or dial because she seemed to be clicking from line to line without any breaks!

Brianne was the one typing today and a ton of it. Taking careful notations of every one of the 49 minutes in the final cut of Episode 2 -- which is now up on the website (www.ghostsniffers.com) and on YouTube. Brianne made several passes of the episode, nipping, tucking, and tweaking and we hope that everyone will be as happy with the improvement as we are. Our goal? Get better with every episode. I think we're on track so far.

I was the one writing. Yes, even with Episode 3 still shooting, I can't hold up the entire Season 1 schedule. So today I started writing Episode 4, "Skin & Bones," and guess what? It's now 7:30am and I'm half way done... and *really* pleased with the results. I began laying in all the music and sound cues as I went but it was slowly me down too much so I'll take another pass when the script is done and do that. After a very music-heavy Episode 3, I may go lighter with music in Episode 4 just to see if I like it.

Contracts will go out to the newly cast actors at the end of this week and that should be exciting to see head shots come in and go up on the website in the Actors Gallery. Our last days of shooting Episode 3 are Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with the weekend days being the long four hour drives. I usually don't like us to "work" on Sunday, even though the whole family is there and no one is being paid, but the snow just made a shambles of the schedule. The nice thing is, we're together. And isn't that the best part of "Ghost Sniffers"?

Oh. Look at that. The sky is growing lighter. Birds started singing while it was still inky black outside the windows. Maybe they were calling directions to the sun?

Jennifer