Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Open Auditions Are Now... Closed :)

Our first open auditions. We did them our way. I spoke to everyone. I had more conversations than sides. No appointment times. Humor. Kindness. We cast everyone needed for Season 1. No one waited for more than an hour and much of that was talking about the show together and asking questions; most actors waited only ten minutes. Huge variety and range of actors. I honestly couldn't have asked for anything more.

Oh wait. I could. I could ask for more sleep :}

It is now 6:51am. I am finally done writing back to all the actors who auditioned and giving them my final decisions. Some got the role they auditioned for. Some got two roles they didn't audition for. Others had roles written for them. Several were asked to please audition for Season 2. And a few were gently told they weren't a good fit for a project like "Ghost Sniffers" that requires everyone to share the spotlight, even -- as the series progresses -- little Forge :)

I'm very proud of my choice to contact everyone tonight. I don't think, especially kiddos or teens, should have to wake up and go to school still wondering whether or not they got a role. That seems mean spirited. And those aren't the kinds of spirits we work with on "Ghost Sniffers."