Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ghost Hunters Everywhere

Today we shot the second third of Episode 9, "Dime a Dozen," and I got to work with three actors I've haven't seen since the open auditions. It's always a little nerve-wracking to go into a day with actors I've never worked with before, who aren't used to my sense of humor, and who I don't know whether or not they'll mesh with my "regular" actors -- Faith, Maxwell, and Kristie. I felt very blessed that Keeli, Marcee and Ralph blended easily with the cast and crew. All three of them came dressed perfectly in character -- from the tips of their shoes to their top of their heads. It was incredible to see actors put so much effort and attention into their characters -- to feel like they each understood their characters and even loved them as much as I do as the writer. Everyone mentioned their favorite lines and I felt like my ego would swell too big for my 5'2" to contain!

The fourth "new" actor today wasn't really new. I cast Breanne (Johnston not DiMarco) at the open call as one half of a ghost hunting pair of twins. But after a string of other actors and contacts fell through to play the other twin, I suggested that  Breanne play both twins (like Maxo and Maximilian).  Breanne was cool with this idea and a few days went by. Then she emailed with the idea that one of the twins could be deaf and speak in ASL --  Breanne was willing to learn whatever lines I gave her in ASL (and I gave her quite a few crazy lines) and I adored the idea. It was amazing to see this idea realized today. (Also,  Breanne proved that not just Maxwell can change costumes with super speed! Playing characters in split screen is a work out!!)

Thank you -- all of you -- for your dedication and hard work today.

See you all tomorrow. Let's wrap this episode :)