Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Countdown: 5... 4... 3...

Today began with Brianne waking me: "Jennifer, you took the battery out of the alarm clock to power the boom mic. We have to leave for your doctor's appointment in ten minutes." Yikes! I am a complete weenie when it comes to doctors. I sulked the whole way there and four times said: "I've changed my mind. Let's go back home." But it's hard to avoid doctors when your kiddos have to go so often and they're so brave... plus, Brianne refused to turn the car around.

Today completed the third of five days of shooting until Season 1 wraps. It was an day of introducing the Ultimate Big Bad (yep, not the Monster Bunny) and a other firsts. Today was Brianne's first day as cinematographer and director. Taking a pivotal scene in Episode 12, Brianne got to stretch in these new roles and test the water, so to speak, to see if she liked the fit. Since she ran away when I tired to take back the camera, I'd say the experiment was a success :)

Tonight will see an intense sit down meeting in regard to many BFP projects. We'll decide who will continue with Season 2, who will executive producer which new series, and if we'll be adding any new projects to the schedule. We'll also be deciding on which of the new projects will be features, which will be shorts, and which will be series (like "Ghost Sniffers"). There's always forty-thousand things going on (and getting done!) around here :) And the great news? I should be able to share most of it with all of you :)