Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Episode 4 Shooting Day 2

Four pages? Not enough! Let's go for TEN! Today we shot in and around the house because of the threat of rain. Cris swore she spotted scattered rain showers... but I think she spotted them on the Weather Channel ;)

Today, Maxwell and Faith experienced a new approach to scenes as I strive to deliver new and better and different episodes. We tried longer exchanges in a single shot and also running scenes multiple times with different inflections to different lines. They loved it but I'm still undecided. I do enjoy the experience though.

The day was broken into nice parts by a break to give hair cuts to Cris and my mom, Carol, a producer and the actor who will play Captain Snakes in Episode 5. The next break came when Faith had to go to her dance class which really helps further deepen her attention span and discipline. Of course, we did continue to shoot scenes that Forge isn't in so I suppose that wasn't a full break :)

Funny, but you'd think I'd have learned by now that animals and puppets are had to work with... yet, I keep writing them into the scripts LOL! Tom Tita just wouldn't behave. I finally had to call in her mommy, Brianne, and then the scene came together quickly.

The yummy icy on this quite excellent cake of a day was when my fabulous little sister called and hinted that she just may have found us a wonderful theatre space that believes in our cause enough to allow us to shoot scenes for two episodes in their space for free -- wow! I think I will always think of these types of miracles as Debbie Effects, for Debbie at Sk8Town who was the first to really go out on a limb for us.