Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Day Between

There is always a day between when we wrap or pause shooting an episode and when I start on a new script. Just *one* day, but that's often enough to recharge, refocus and slightly shift my view to include a new idea, new characters and new locations. Today is that day and I'm hustling around the house gathering props, altering props, trying to pay bills (insert chaotic laughter -- LOL!), and doing my best to play email catch up :) But I wanted to take a small pause to sip some coffee (yum, lunch) and say:

THANK YOU!

If you head over to the website (www.ghostsniffers.com) and click the "D" button on the fund raising widget on the left hand side of the page, you'll see why I'm so excited :)

Thank you so much Anthony, Bridget, and Roy for helping to keep "Ghost Sniffers" on the air (Err, on the web? On the disc? Just on!). I've learned (much to the worry of Erin Jennings who wrote the wonderful article about "Ghost Sniffers" and pretty much all the moms who asked about my schedule) to exist on four hours of sleep and to get seriously creative in home-schooling and in the kitchen in order to keep the show moving forward and to show my kiddos that dedication, hard work, and all-encompassing love for a cause can conquer any challenge. There's no whining here. And a math lesson that teaches fractions, ratios, and budgeting an episode simply cannot be a bad thing! As for that creativity in the kitchen? Well, it's amazing how far a bag of potatoes, eggs from Grandma's farm, and soynut butter can take a family. We're proud (and so blessed) to be one of the families keeping "work" part of "working class." *wide smile*

As little Forge would say, "For the sniff!"