Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Updates Galore

The exciting updates continue! I know, when I post updates like this, I'm certainly not very poetic or lyrical, but sometimes "just the facts" is all this crazy, wonderful life allows me time for :)

1. We were scheduled to wrap Episode 6 today after more than two hours hiking to the location, shooting sheep, goats and chickens, and driving hither and yon. In the end, we'll have to wrap tomorrow because we have an extended effects segment that takes place in a 16-bit gaming world (yep, every episode gets better, pushes more limits) and the environment is still being tweaked by my coder -- Maxwell. I always say he's a genius, but I figured he should prove it by crafting an entire 16-bit game world. Why not?!

2. Episodes 4 and 5 will post online before the premiere. We are not holding them (as seems to be a recurring rumor). Episode 6 will be shown at the premiere for the first time but then it will post online for the first time the day after the premiere.

3. Several styles of poster will be available at the premiere and then on the website. Every actor who appears in any of the first six episodes will be shown on at last one poster.

4. Episode 7 will shoot the first two weeks of April. Check your call sheet. If you are called for this episode, email me ASAP and let me know when you are NOT available in the first two weeks of April. This does not includes the actors in Forge's acting club in Episode 7.

5. Episode 8 will shoot the last two weeks of April. Email me with the dates you are NOT available if you are called from that episode.

6. Episode 9 will shoot the first two weeks of May. Email me with the dates you are NOT available if you are called from that episode. If you are one of the actors in Forge's acting club, you will be shooting your parts in this episode on March 13 in West Seattle. However, you will all also have voice over work that will need to be recorded in Port Orchard (or in your own home) so please email about your availability.

7. Episode 10 will shoot the last two weeks of May. Email me with the dates you are NOT available if you are called from that episode.

8. Episode 11 will shoot the first two weeks of June. Email me with the dates you are NOT available if you are called from that episode.

9. Episode 12 will shoot the last two weeks of June. Email me with the dates you are NOT available if you are called from that episode.

10. Last update for the day: Season 2 will be upon us before we know it. Keep these awesome facts in mind: I will be welcoming guest directors and writers to the series. And... I will be focusing on investigation-style episodes and origin story episodes that further explore characters like Spark, Bianca, the Ryan Twins, and others. Stay open to surprises.